Soundblocker® is an acoustical underlayment and moisture barrier for use with engineered hardwood and laminate flooring. Covered by a 50-year warranty.
IMPROVED SOUND ABSORPTION
PREMIUM FANFOLD FLOOR UNDERLAY
FOR LAMINATES & ENGINEERED FLOORS
Quality hypoallergenic 3mm IXPE foam. Also works as a moisture barrier....
Proven superior sound reduction – Meets condo & strata requirements....
Easy & Quick Install Fanfold Mat with Lip & Tape...
STC 74 / IIC 75 SUPERIOR SOUND ABSORPTION*
EXCEEDS UNIFORM BUILDING CODES
(*) IIC and STC ratings based on third-party report (Intertek, 2017).
(**) Comparison considering average ratings between mentioned materials.
ODORLESS, NON-TOXIC & ENVIRONMENT-FRIENDLY
Underlay Type: Fanfold
Material: IXPE Foam 3mm (0.12in) with built-in lip & tape
Uses: Hardwood & Laminate Floors
Coverage: 100 ft2/box (9.29m2/box)
Dimensions (WxL): 4ft x 25ft (1.1m x 7.62m)
Limited Lifetime Warranty. Terms & Conditions apply.LEARN MORE
Reduces Noise & Eliminates Hollow Sounds
Approved For Use with Radiant Heat
Quick-Cut Guidelines for Easy & Fast Installation
NOT FOR USE with WPC / Rigid Core Vinyl Products
HOW TO INSTALL
Installation is simple and easy with the Soundblocker® Premier Acoustical Underlayment. Here is how you can install your new premium underlay:
1) Ensure subfloor is clean, dry and free of any debris. Uneven areas MUST be levelled with appropriate levelling compound. Allow sufficient time for levelling compound to cure.
2) Start in a corner. Unfold the SoundBlocker® underlayment parallel to the wall and in the opposite direction that you plan to install the flooring planks. Make sure to have the right side facing upwards by simply following the information indicated on the mat. The lip & tape strip should face the open room.
3) Once the first mat is completely unfolded, unfold the next mat and make sure to align the seams together.
4) Remove the adhesive liner and fold the lip over the tape, connecting both mats. Press firmly the lip against the tape to ensure a strong bond.
5) Repeat the same steps for the next rows.
TIP: For odd shaped rooms, use a knife to adjust the sizing for a complete coverage of the subfloor.